Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title
    Premium Member

Shadow boxs & Memorial flag holder

My dad i started building SHADOW box's memorial flag holders. Mini footlockers to store keepsakes( since men dont have jewelry boxs) boxs with glass or plexiglass tops to place pistol in around house.100% real hardwood. Anysize. Dad passed away dec 5 dad passed away but 3 grandsons wanna help since papaw started it. Magazines use alder wood 5-10 dollar 6-10' board because same wood grain stain walnut charge walnut price. Dad wanted donate 1 on here talked to wes at time. When dad passed i lost his connection to plexiglass. Pm me it interested in shadow box..flag display.. Box wood top or see threw top

Sent from my LM-X410(FG) using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    This one in walnut for a navy vet. He picked walnut, size.. For his personal medals. And for the medals he collects from ww2. He chose royal blue to highlight his mix collection. Second one is Oak. He was in Army and had me just ship shadow box and padding. He had something special for background. Top of boxs can have trim or other hardware. Prices vary on size, type of wood you want, and how fancy you want it. Do pistol boxs from wood as well. Except hardware to open/close it. I can have mounting done. I have it professionally done. On medals ribbons most things are sewn on because i don't like glueing less no other way and customer signs off on it. Use same place for mounting so helps cut costs. Mounting costs is what charged don't add to it.

Title
    Very nice. I used to do all of my squadron's retirement boxes. I wish I knew somebody to make them back in the day. We used to order the generic ones from the BX.

Title
    Premium Member
    Yea alot you order from magizines, craft stores few others. You get Chinese made. Or what we found out. If read fine print in magazines or craft stores. They use cheap wood stain walnut, oak, cherry etc. And and charge for hardwood. Like walnut.. They use Alder wood and stain walnut and charge walnut price because wood grain and structure close to walnut. Charge $7 a board foot when alder wood is $7-$10 for 10 foot board. Search engine wood looks like walnut alder wood used for few types of wood. Can do same for any wood. Its cheaper but i think fraud when says walnut shadow box and only walnut is stain. I use the wood you want. Even International wood if willing pay for. I dont make alot off these for using real wood and time spent on doing. As a familyline of vets an Marine as well its away to pass down history. Collectors i charge little more. But vets i dont add for every detail extra my appreciation. This is newest shadow box trying. Trying this one for my dad who to was a Marine in which i followed his foot prints into them famous yellow footprints

Title
    That’s nice

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro